The Writer's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Writer's Retreat

A true retreat for those who know that Imagination is the Essence of all Creation.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nice to Meet You

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jayde
jayde

Nice to Meet You Empty
PostSubject: Nice to Meet You   Nice to Meet You Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:20 am

I've been writing on and off for many years. My fictional writing took a seven year hiatus, while I focused on my academic writing. I did have a poem published in a magazine when I was in junior high, but I'm not sure if that really counts.

I have been working on a few contemporary fantasy projects. My goal is to write historical fantasy. Currently, I do not believe that I would be able to fully express the dynamic complexities of the culture, socio-economic and political systems, history and folklore of the settings I want to work with. Consequently, my current goal is to gain experience and improve my writing skills with contemporary fantasy novels.

It's a pleasure to meet everyone, and I appreciate any constructive criticism you have to offer. I am a bit of a perfectionist, so I may pick at various points if I find the argument or concept either lacking or weak.
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

Nice to Meet You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to Meet You   Nice to Meet You Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:22 pm

Everything counts, and published is published!

What was your poem published in? And for your book, I'd like to know what area in history you're planning on writing in. Do you have characters already decided for it? How far along in the planning stages are you? Or do you not plan it out and just begin writing once you think you have most of the pertinent data ( No Personally, you seem more like a planner to me lol! )

Welcome! I'll be looking forward to reading more of your posts!
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
Crazy Healer Lady
Crazy Healer Lady

Nice to Meet You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to Meet You   Nice to Meet You Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 2:43 pm

Hello!

Historical Fantasy - sounds fascinating, as this is my genre as well. I can't wait to see some posts!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nice to Meet You Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nice to Meet You   Nice to Meet You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nice to Meet You
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Retreat :: Guest Information :: Introductions, Please-
Jump to: