The Writer's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Writer's Retreat

A true retreat for those who know that Imagination is the Essence of all Creation.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Post in the Intro's as well!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

First Post in the Intro's as well! Empty
PostSubject: First Post in the Intro's as well!   First Post in the Intro's as well! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:49 pm

I'm Kitsune, the administrator of this forum, and haven't done much else besides. I'm currently unpublished, but have always enjoyed writing and in the last year or so, have decided it's time to take it to the next level.

I want to be published, and I have a few story ideas kicking around the old bone box, so why shouldn't I be writing, is pretty much my idea about it now.

I'm a hopeless romantic, thus most if not all of my stories have a love theme going through them... Even if that love ends up not being happily ever after, but a lost cause.

I'm also a sucker for Fantasy, not quite so much in the Science Fiction Department, although, I still don't really understand the difference between them (from what I can tell, the only difference is the amount of Science talk you want to go into in your book, but that could just be me).

I'm also going to be taking part in a brilliant little thing called NaNoWriMo this year.

NaNoWriMo is a short form for National November Writing Month. They challange you to write a book, or 50,000 words in the month of November. They have a great set of forums, and tend to have meet ups with fellow writers in every city in the world. It's a wonderful way to challange yourself, and learn to turn off your inner editor for a while. Since that is usually (or at least it was in my case) a huge problem for most writers, I found it extremely useful to give it a shot.

Anything I've missed mentioning, or that you want to know, just ask! I'm always happy to answer questions.
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
jayde
jayde

PostSubject: Re: First Post in the Intro's as well!   First Post in the Intro's as well! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:47 pm

Thanks for setting up the forum! I imagine that we all will be able to develop our writing skills with a lot of "creative criticism"
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: First Post in the Intro's as well!   First Post in the Intro's as well! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 12:14 pm

That's the entire idea, jayde. A forum where different people can come together and help each other to combat that most terrifing of diseases....

Guy with an axe. Writer's Block!!! Hiding
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Post in the Intro's as well!   First Post in the Intro's as well! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Post in the Intro's as well!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Retreat :: Guest Information :: Introductions, Please-
Jump to: