The Writer's Retreat

A true retreat for those who know that Imagination is the Essence of all Creation.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greetings :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andrasta

PostSubject: Greetings :)   Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:00 am

Hello Everyone,

I am a new member here after your fearless - or should that be fearsome? - leader Kitsune twisted my arm and made me join. Very Happy

Nah, that's not it at all, but it sounded good, right?

Anyway I am here by way of another forum and since I'm not sure who came from where, suffice it to say that if you know Rowan, you know me. Smile

I pretend to write a lot of the time, but that's as far as I usually get. I've dabbled in poetry, but won't share any of that unless we're really close. *crosses fingers* Like that.

I'm on the downside of being 30-something and live in the Southern US, though my heart yearns to be elsewhere. I grew up here so there's a lot of 'yes ma'am' and 'no sir' in me, which you'll have to overlook if I respond in such manner. I make no apologies for Southern manners.

So that's me in a nutshell.

Thanks for reading about me. Smile

Andrasta
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://complexwoman.wordpress.com
Max

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Hey Rowan! Glad you came over here.

What type of things do you write - short stories or novels? Horror or romance?

I hope you do share your poetry with us! Here's a deal - if you post one of your poems I'll post one of my poems from my hidden stash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrasta

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Heya Max,

Newp. Sorry. Poetry is off-fa-fa limits. Razz

I write... ehm... fantasy I guess. If I ever finish stuff. Pagan themed? *shrugs* I dunno how to classify what I write. I just write.

Andrasta/Rowan
Back to top Go down
Max

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:49 am

Haha, fair enough Smile . If Kitsune was here she would suggest having a look at the worldbuilding thread on here. It's fun to create a world where your characters and story can take place. You don't have to dedicate a novel to it, but I found it a good exercise in looking at cause and effect in your writing, and creating more of a sense of realism, which is definitely a skill in fantasy writing. And...well it's really good fun! What do you think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrasta

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:28 am

I'm not the otherworldly fantasy. That's just the first genre that comes to mind when I think of writing anything with a pagan theme. Now that I think on it, though, my two favourite authors' books are sold in the mainstream fiction area of a bookshop. *shrugs* I dunno what I write!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Grimwell
Lord of All He Surveys, Master of None
Lord of All He Surveys, Master of None

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:48 pm

Greetings and Welcome, I'm Kit's better half LOL nice to meet you and Max is right if you are stuck the worldbuilding may give you some ideas to help Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rana

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:53 am

Hi there.

People are very helpful here. I think you will like it. Smile

I am Rana.. Nice to make your acquaintance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kitsune
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:48 pm

You're half right Max! When a writer can't finish writing though, I tend to suggest Nanowrimo first. Twisted Evil Laughing

Nanowrimo tries to get you to write more in a month than you normally would, whether that's ten pages more or ten thousand!

So I would suggest doing Nanowrimo with us, and seeing if we can't get you back into writing.

On the other hand, there's few better ways to jump headfirst into a great idea for a novel than to start up the worldbuilding course... So Max gets points for that one. lol!

Welcome to the board! I'm so glad you could make it. Very Happy

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the sower of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
-Albert Einstein
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://writersretreat.darkbb.com
gypsywriter

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:48 am

hi! sorry I'm late welcoming you, but I've been busy, you know, normal stuff, trying to find a job, trying to find my house (I know I left it in here somewhere) but belatedly, welcome!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings :)   

Back to top Go down

Greetings :)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Retreat :: Guest Information :: Introductions, Please-
Jump to: