The Writer's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Writer's Retreat

A true retreat for those who know that Imagination is the Essence of all Creation.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NewMexico Introduction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NewMexico

NewMexico Introduction Empty
PostSubject: NewMexico Introduction   NewMexico Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:29 pm

Hi,
I'm posting under the name NewMexico because that is where I live with my 3 dogs and 4 cats.
I'm going through a divorce right now, which gives me more time to write. And obsess. And write. And obsess. And write. Smile
I already have my degrees (and grown children). I've been writing since 1982. I've been published, not widely, but what the heck... publication is publication.
I write stories, creative nonfiction, screenplays, and am working on a memoir focusing on the last 2 1/2 years of my life.
So, hello, everyone, and I'll check out the inventors' world.
NM
Back to top Go down
Grimwell
Lord of All He Surveys, Master of None
Lord of All He Surveys, Master of None
Grimwell

PostSubject: Re: NewMexico Introduction   NewMexico Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:47 pm

Welcome to the board and very cool, what and where were you published if you'd like to tell us as I would like to read it Smile

As I'm the mod, if you need anything or have good Idea's for the board let me or Kitsune know as improving the board for its users is one of my jobs.
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: NewMexico Introduction   NewMexico Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:56 pm

Yes, you'll have to let us know where you were published!

I haven't been (beyond the usual school newspaper and such), but I currently do have one rough draft of a novel that I am ever so slowly making into something that people would actually like to read. Laughing

My hope is that once it's done I'll be able to send it out to editors for publishing. Eh, either way, I still love writing.

What exactly is creative non-fiction though? Just want to make certain that I know what terminology you're using.

Welcome to the board, and I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing you post!
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
NewMexico

PostSubject: Introduction   NewMexico Introduction Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi Kitsune; Hi Grimwell:
Thanks for the prompt reply. Creative non-fiction is primarily narrative non-fiction, so it differs from journalism in that it's usually telling a story. Like fiction but it's "true."
I don't know where anyone came up with that terminology, but it reflects that I used to teach at the community colleges out here, and it was just part of the jargon. Smile
Where are you all located?
NM
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

PostSubject: Re: NewMexico Introduction   NewMexico Introduction Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:28 pm

Well, Me and Grimwell are located in Alberta, Canada (we have a couple of Canucks actually, if I count a few of the "lurkers/non-chatty members")

It is an interesting question though... I don't think I'd ever thought to ask.
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
Max
Max

PostSubject: Re: NewMexico Introduction   NewMexico Introduction Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:19 am

Hello NewMexico,
The creative nonfiction sounds interesting. I sometimes think real life is stranger than fiction anyway... Wink Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NewMexico Introduction   NewMexico Introduction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NewMexico Introduction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Retreat :: Guest Information :: Introductions, Please-
Jump to: