The Writer's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Writer's Retreat

A true retreat for those who know that Imagination is the Essence of all Creation.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
isle.sam

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 pm

I saw a post about this on the NaNoWriMo forums & had to come check it out! My name is Melissa & I'm a 23 year old single mom to a pretty kick ass little girl [who is about to turn 2 & it BREAKS my poor heart Sad ]. I live in the 'burbs of Houston - love it, but it's SO HOT all the time. I have a fantastic boyfriend and started going back to school in February to figure out what I want to do with my life.

I've been writing since I can remember. The earliest I can place it is when I was 4/5 & I wrote my first play about my Barbies. My first completed "book" was at 8 & I had a novella completed & published online with an old writing community when I was 12/13. It's something I've always loved, but lost sight of with my exhusband. Now I'm trying to get back to where I was before & finally achieve the career I've wanted since I was in 2nd grade.

Really excited about getting involved with other writers & I can't wait to get to know everyone! As far as writing preferences go, I was into fantasy and scifi as a very young teen, but my tastes have migrated into fiction. I'd love to get involved in the genre with Gregory Maguire, but we'll see what happens!
Back to top Go down
http://blameweather.blogspot.com
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:56 pm

Welcome! Things have been a bit quiet on the boards, but I think that's because it's summer, and I find that for myself at least, writing creatively happens best in the cold seasons.

Also, because I've been overworking myself at work, and came down with a case of tendonitis... I've been resting it for the past week. Hopefully on Monday, I'll be able to start posting again.

If you're looking for a way to get back into your writing, I do have a worldbuilding class down in the Inventor's Corner. Each class takes about 15 minutes to do, maybe a bit longer, so you can easily catch up. There is also no pressure to catch up, but I've found that it's a great way to get some of the world done without loosing all of the spark before you sit down to write.

I will be trying to put up some good internet writing info up as well as offering contests for Nanowrimo. So stay tuned, and I can't wait to hear more from you.
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
Grimwell
Lord of All He Surveys, Master of None
Lord of All He Surveys, Master of None
Grimwell

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 7:22 am

greetings I'm the quiet back room mod, welcome to the broad.
Back to top Go down
Max
Max

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 6:22 am

Hello Melissa,
Sounds like you have some great emotional experiences to draw on for your writing. Kitsune is right - the worldbuilding is a great place to start. And it's a lot of fun! Hope to see you a lot on the boards Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello!   Hello! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Retreat :: Guest Information :: Introductions, Please-
Jump to: