The Writer's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Writer's Retreat

A true retreat for those who know that Imagination is the Essence of all Creation.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crazy Healer Lady

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy Healer Lady
Crazy Healer Lady

Crazy Healer Lady Empty
PostSubject: Crazy Healer Lady   Crazy Healer Lady Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 2:48 am

Hey there! As my username describes, I am a healer, a lady, and I am crazy. I live on the southwest coast of BC where I am continually inspired by the richness of the landscape and culture around me. Though I am developing into a globetrotter, there is nowhere else I'd rather be.

My style is fantasy, often meddling with magic with spiritual undertones. I don't write what is unfathomable, so when I'm published, if you read something you think is impossible, think again. haha I currently have a novel which I am touching up on and sending out to publishers. I just have to settle on the three pages I am sending in, and redo my proposal. By the way, a writer's best friend: Writer's Market, current year.

I walk the Otherworlds and there I also gain my inspiration. As of late I have been writing poetry, a part of me that has been dormant but came alive again listening to Damh the Bard.

Blessings to all
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

Crazy Healer Lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Healer Lady   Crazy Healer Lady Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:33 pm

Welcome Crazy Healer Lady! I'm glad you could make it.

Damh the Bard, huh? You were saying he was a folk singer right?

And tell us what the name of your book is? Do you have a title yet?

What sort of poetry are you writing? Fantasy, religious, political, emo pirat ?

lol!

Anyways, like I said before, Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
Crazy Healer Lady
Crazy Healer Lady

Crazy Healer Lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Healer Lady   Crazy Healer Lady Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:53 am

The poetry genre? Well, Pagan, actually. Like I said, it's being inspired by Damh the Bard. Quality isn't the issue with my poems right now, which is why I won't post any yet: It's more soul-vomit.

The book I'll have to get back to you on. I'm still debating whether or not I should change it, but I have finally decided which pages I will be sending in with my proposal. It may not be the best written, or maybe it is I don't know, but it's my favourite part, and I came to that conclusion yesterday. Now I just have to finish my maps and my cover and we're good to go! I think I should start sending my proposal out even while I am finishing the artistic side. After all, most people send the proposal in even before the book is written!!! That way, by the time I get a positive answer, I'll have it done.
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

Crazy Healer Lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Healer Lady   Crazy Healer Lady Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 10:10 am

Sending it in before you have that finished is a good idea. Make certain that you have ideas for the second and third book, bacause from what I can tell, Trilogies or Series are very popular.

You'll have to post the picture when it's done, and let us know all about your adventures in Publishing Lasnd! Laughing

Keep us updated!
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
Crazy Healer Lady
Crazy Healer Lady

Crazy Healer Lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Healer Lady   Crazy Healer Lady Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Ah, no sequels!! Hsssss! The very thought burns my mind!!

I've written my land to death for the last decade. In a way I'll be glad to have the story out, but keep the land to my own meanderings. I don't see that I will create another entire continent like I have with this one, though. I really have no idea where my writing will turn to from here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crazy Healer Lady Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crazy Healer Lady   Crazy Healer Lady Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crazy Healer Lady
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Retreat :: Guest Information :: Introductions, Please-
Jump to: