The Writer's Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Writer's Retreat

A true retreat for those who know that Imagination is the Essence of all Creation.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hello everyone!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dkgoddessdkage
dkgoddessdkage

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: hello everyone!!!   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 8:46 am

Hey everyone!!! Hope everyone is ok....
My name is Cheyenne and I will be posting under the name dkgoddessdkage...
I love to write paranormal romance and read it!!!
I have been writing paranormal romance for the last 2 years, but I have been writing young adult short stories since I was about 8 years old.
I am currently not published but am hoping to be sometime in the future!!!
Well I guess that's all I can think of to tell you at the moment... Anything else just ask me!!! Very Happy bounce
Back to top Go down
Max
Max

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone!!!   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Hello dkgoddessdkage,
Welcome to the forum! Smile What are you working on at the moment?
Back to top Go down
dkgoddessdkage
dkgoddessdkage

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: hi   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Hi!!!
I am currently not working on anything at the moment...This way I can get ready for NaNoWriMo.... But I have already decided what I will be writing during that time and I am in the process of outlining and character building...
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone!!!   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Do you mind giving a short synopsys?

I usually write Dark Fantasy myself. This years NaNo for me is going to be in that genre, the story of a demoness, a Lord's son and his Man-at-Arms. It's an interesting story about Jealousy!

Welcome to the boards, by the way.

Oh, and you might want to check out our world building course down in the inventors cormer. Each assignment is pretty quick, and you'll e able to catch up easily I'd say.
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
dkgoddessdkage
dkgoddessdkage

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: hello everyone!!!   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 pm

Well this synopsis isn't the shortest one ever but it gets the main points across....

Naserath was the worst demon of the underworld. He kidnaps mortal women and tortures them until they break beneath him. The one female that was his undoing in trying to break would be Jade Thomas. She cursed him everyday in his chambers, promising she would be the one to kill him. After a year of being tortured everyday by Naserath, Jade finally figured out how to destroy him and gain her freedom.
Now, three years later, Jade is still haunted by her nightmares, but even worse she is now being chased by demons. Does the demons following her mean that Naserath is not dead or is there a new demon gunning for her? Will Jade be able to run forever or will she use the help of the one man that can finally bring about her insanity? Can this man save her or will his past destroy her heart more than winning it over?

I loved the idea and I just ran with it....lol But that is sometimes how good stories come out!!! And thanks, I will go to the world building forum and catch up with everyone!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Kitsune
Admin
Admin
Kitsune

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone!!!   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:48 pm

Sounds cool. I can't wait to see the world building for it.

I'd suggest, even if it's supposed to be this world, doing the world building. I've found that writing it all down and treating it as a new area, even if it's about your own neighborhood, really helps with describing it to be people who have never seen it before.

Can't wait to see your world building!
Back to top Go down
https://writersretreat.darkbb.com
Max
Max

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone!!!   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:25 am

I'd recommend the world building too, it makes you think about things that are very important to the story, but you wouldn't necessarily have thought of. It really interrogates your ideas - in a good way. And don't worry, I'm still catching up too, so you won't be too far behind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hello everyone!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: hello everyone!!!   hello everyone!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello everyone!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Writer's Retreat :: Guest Information :: Introductions, Please-
Jump to: